Through the Relay: A Mass Effect RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Through the Relay: A Mass Effect RPG

A simplistic tabletop game based on the mass effect universe and the star wars saga edition ruleset.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playable Classes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raspar

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Playable Classes   Playable Classes EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Will this conversion use the existing Saga Edition classes: Jedi, Noble, Scoundrel, Scout and Soldier, or will the classes be changed to fit with the Mass Effect universe: Soldier, Vanguard, Engineer, Infiltrator, Sentinel, and Adept? It looks like the current posts are favoring using the Saga Edition classes.

Personally, I'm a fan of creating new classes (or at least renaming and reusing what is already available) to fit with the Mass Effect universe.
Back to top Go down
Lucordien

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playable Classes   Playable Classes EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

my vote is to build classes from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
ronmonks

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playable Classes   Playable Classes EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 am

i know it states in one of the earlier posts that the system will be using modified versions of the core saga edition classes (other than jedi), but i think there is plenty of room for customization within prestige class options and a few tweeks to the core classes. I dont think the saga edition classes should be gutted and replaced with untested from the ground up classes...at least not yet.
Back to top Go down
Lucordien

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playable Classes   Playable Classes EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm

I see this as if we are adding another book to the saga addition, its like how pathfinder as the core rule book, and the additional ultimate magic, might, etc. Add a three new classes, some new rules, feats, skills, etc. I think that is a good "save" point to get to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playable Classes   Playable Classes EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm agreeing with Mr.Monks, these classes seem safe to use for the time being, it also allows me to add and manipulate the other aspects of the game so long as I've got a solid grounding to work with. The only name I'd change, would be the noble, I always preferred that they be called diplomats, so I figure that's what they'll be referred to when and if I get around to making any talent trees, prestige classes, or anything similar for them. The additional books in the Saga Edition set, force unleashed, clone wars, etc. Never added new classes, merely new talent trees and prestige classes, for now I'd like to focus on the groundwork before I make fun bells and whistles. Once again I thank you all for your input on this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://ttrme.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Playable Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playable Classes   Playable Classes Empty

Back to top Go down

Playable Classes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Through the Relay: A Mass Effect RPG :: General Ideas-
Jump to: